I love to eat! If someone were to ask me what my two favorite hobbies are, I'd probably say to eat and exercise. Hope I can keep my body healthy for years to come to counteract my food obsession. I have no idea where I picked up this love of food, as it was never a focus in my house growing up, but I am always trying to dig up a great new restaurant or recipe to try. This love for food hasn't gone unnoticed by others, either. Before I met David, I briefly dated this guy I'd grown up with. Several months after we'd stopped seeing each other, he told one of my friends, "Man, all that girl ever wanted to do was eat!" You're darn right!
Unfortunately, the summer heat has forced my evening runs into dinner preparation time. However, I will not be separated from food so, we have a solution! While it isn't the most organic or environmentally friendly solution, it will work for a couple of months. (Please don't kill me, Gary.) David and I had our first experience at Super Supper, a national chain where you go in, prepare as many meals as you like, using their ingredients and recipes, and take home twelve or so meals ready to pop in the freezer until needed. SO . . . we now have twelve meals in the freezer ready to go so I can run as late as I want. I'm sure all of you moms out there, particularly working moms, are wondering why in creation I can't get a bit more organized!
Super Suppers was only the beginning of my food excitement for the week! Last night David and I ran a 5K downtown. And guess where we were able to park? Right at the door step of Happy Mexican, my absolute favorite Mexican joint. We were able to go straight from the race to Mexican. It was perfect!
My last bit of "food" exciting news is really "wine" exciting news. A little over ten years ago, David and I were going out on a date. When he came to pick me up, I offered him a glass of wine, before we left, which he took and proceeded to force himself to drink as he hated every sip. Needless to say, he soon no longer felt the need to impress me and never took me up on the wine offer again. Despite his dislike for wine and whiskey, I came to adore him and the rest is history. But . . . for the past seven years, I've been without a spouse who would split a bottle of wine with me until this week! David was out to dinner this past week with a fellow car guy, Chuck. Chuck apparently managed to spark David's interest in wine AND order a bottle that David liked. Thank you Chuck! Yippy! I am so excited. Chuck did in one dinner what I've been trying to do for ten years.
You know how you can keep your running from conflicting with your dinner-making time? Set the alarm for 6:00 a.m. I dare you. Nothing like running the quiet, cool of the morning. You'll be a morning person before you know it! Come to the dark side.
ReplyDeleteI think the supper plan sounds great. We just go to McDonald's on Sunday, buy 15 happy meals and put them in the freezer. With enough ketchup they taste great.
Gary -
ReplyDeleteHum . . . maybe you should try Wendy's today. I hear they're offering a better variety of sides now. It isn't forever, just to get me through August. You got all of the morning DAA. There wasn't any left for me!
PS - David and I will be serving up Super Suppers for all meals we're responsible for at the beach!
So Gary thinks that you will get up at 6:00 a.m. to run. I am not sure that this is the real Maggie!
ReplyDeleteI need to do so investigation, but I believe I heard Chad speak via video presentation once at a school district inservice. Very inspirational!
John and I are off to Athens, GA on Thursday for Kevin and Maria's wedding. Really looking forward to seeing everyone. We should have fun stories.
Jeannie