While most UGA alums get excited about heading to Athens for the weekend, David and I were beyond excited. We haven't been there in over five years other than the fast drive in and out for football games. Mom and Dad were sweet enough to keep DM and Tahoe for DM's first slumber party in Flowery Branch so David and I could spend the weekend in Athens. It was fabulous (AND HOT)! Orientation was going on and so many nervous incoming freshman and incoming freshman parents were all around and a wedding party or two were staying at our hotel. So much excitement all around! And so many changes. Yes, Harry Bissett's really is no more.
Glad you had a great time this weekend. You should look up Kevin Yates sometime. He and his wife Maria bought and are remodeling a 100 year old home in Athens. Very interesting and talented couple. Talk to you soon.
ReplyDeleteMOM
Glad you had fun. DM was a perfect angel.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! East west is a favorite lunch stop on football days when we decide to forgo the tailgating mess :) Hope to get to see you at more games this season (but I will NOT be suffering thru the Sept NOON games!)
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm way behind commenting on this post. (I always forget to check your blog!) It looks like y'all had so much fun in Athens! I'm so jealous. I miss really miss that lovely place. And as much as it pains me to admit, I must say that Gainesville is probably a close second to Athens. Y'all need to come visit us some time and check it out!
ReplyDelete