Sunday, January 31, 2010

Memphis Baby Shower

Some of our sweet friends in Memphis this weekend hosted a shower for Darsey May. Mom was able to come up and we had a great time despite snow, ice, and me giving her my horrible cold. It was weird knowing that after 33 years of it just being me (and David for the past few years), the next time Mom sees me (and David), life as we know it will no longer exist. I think I'm at peace that I'm never going to be organized enough and we're never going to be ready for DM's grand arrival. And for those waiting on nursery pictures - I'm now shooting for late March / April, but it will be finished one day.
We did finish our childbirth and parenting classes this week. I wish I'd taken my camera to get pictures of our baby doll but I forgot.

Courtney, Jennifer, me, Victoria, Elizabeth
These four sweet ladies have been my constant encouragement throughout the pregnancy - letting me borrow clothes, borrowing baby supplies, taking me maternity clothes shopping, and listening to me freak out on occasion or two (or three)! Actually, they've all been a huge encouragement to me the entire time we've lived in Memphis. Finding friends whom one can be truly transparent with, even when your thoughts / feelings aren't exactly what they're "supposed" to be, is quite challenging. And I never thought I'd find so many in Memphis, Tennessee.


Cindy with Victoria (Cindy is one of Tahoe's favorite dog sitters.)


Victoria, Susan, Elizabeth, and Mom
Debi and Tammy

Jennifer and Beth

I completely forgot to get a picture at the shower of Mom and me so we took one at home.

3 comments:

  1. You look fantastic!!!! The pictures looked like a beautiful shower. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get it. Where are all the guys? You think guys don't care about babies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to my next trip to Memphis!!

    ReplyDelete