Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mommie!

David and DM worked so hard to make my birthday special, and it was just perfect.  Thye picked out my favorite meal and a yummy cake from a Piece of Cake!  I got so many sweet surprises and opportunities for "me" time in the next couple of months!
 
A side effect of me working full time is that I feel horribly guilty if I am not with DM every minute of every weekend.  However, I also know that DM (and David) need for me to take time for me (and David).  I've known for a while I need to get away to re-energize.  And further, I knew if I stayed at home and DM went to Mom's, I'd just start working on the house and miss using the time for myself and David and me. 
David must have seen straight through this because, as soon as he knew DM was definitely going to Mom's,  he scrounged up a last minute cabin for the weekend, which is pretty hard to do in the fall in North Georgia.  And of course, he is a man after my heart because he invited Tahoe along.  It was just perfect!  (I am pretty sure David would have reconsidered that dog eight and a half years ago if he'd had any clue how much I was going to take to him!)



And Mom, sweet Mom.  Boy, did she have her hands full.  We completely underestimated DM's skills in an unfamiliar house.  DM opened drawers we never thought would get her attention, locked herself in her bedroom, found all of the make-up and lotions a girl could need and had no time for a nap!  Oh, and woke up MUCH earlier than normal!  Mom had so many fun things planned for her.  I can't imagine how crazy things would have gotten if Mom didn't have so many activities planned!

1 comment:

  1. We had fun. She is quite the character. The funniest when she told me "MiMi, it's wocked".

    ReplyDelete