Saturday, June 30, 2012

Laying our Foundation (a bit late)

Okay, there was one more BIG one after Amie's graduation!  DM was baptized!  This has been a long journey for our family.  We searched and searched for a new church when we moved back to Atlanta.  It was nearly two years before we found a place that was comfortable enough to join.  After joining, we had to get on the (long) list for DM's baptism.  Hence, we were the crazies who baptized a toddler. 
 But in the end,it was a beautiful day of celebration.   



DM is starting to really tire of photos!
But managed to tolerate the camera a bit better when we let her pick a flower.







 Pretty sure DM is thinking "Thank you, Jesus for a reason to eat cake!"
**Huge thanks to Grandpa Patterson & Amie for photographing our day!**

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations DM! What a beautiful little lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie. Hope you guys are well!

      Delete
  2. beautiful celebration for a beautiful little lady !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was an early morning and a crazy service for you but we were thrilled for you to be there!

      Delete
    2. There are some good reasons to do early and this was one of them. I enjoyed the service. Remember, I have not always been Episcopalian.

      Delete
  3. She is just too stinkin' precious, and she looked beautiful in her white baptism dress. Congrats DM! So sorry I couldn't make it to celebrate this special day with y'all. Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We missed you, but I'm so glad you guys had a great vacation. :) So wish we all lived closer together. Atlanta vs. Gainesville isn't turning out to be any better than Michigan vs. Memphis.

      Delete