Sunday, August 24, 2008

Truly a post for those who really want to know what we're up to . . .

David spent some of this afternoon practicing what he learned in Golf School until I interrupted for help in the kitchen with our dish for a Carmax potluck we're going to this evening. I ran the Overton 5-Mile Classic on Saturday and it was a lot of fun. The course included pavement, grass, and trails so there was never a dull moment. D and I are both now planning to run the St. Jude 1/2 Marathon in December. I am posting about this so YOU will hold us accountable for our training. (Especially me because I tend to get to about ten miles and get bored.) This morning we went to church and think we're just about ready to join. Hallelujah! Church hopping isn't much fun. The church is St. John's Episcopal . More to come on how this progresses for us.

Saturday we worked in the yard (Surprise!) and shopped. D ordered new running shoes for his extra-wide feet. I found the cutest Easter plate at the Williams & Sonoma outlet for cheap, cheap, cheap. For a shopping break, we took part in an American ritual that we NEVER do. We went to Startbucks, sat on the patio, and had a coffee and smoothie. I think it was a smoothie D had - looked fruity/frozen and wasn't coffee. It was practically a whole new experience for us. (I know, it is shocking for you Starbuckolics out there!) The best part of Saturday was going to bed at 10:00 and not getting up until 9:00! Tahoe wasn't too pleased, but I was!

In Tahoe's corner this week, he has found something new to bark at! Our neighborhood has hired a security patrol and the patrollers ride through the streets on bikes. Well, everytime one rides by, Tahoe has to tell us. I'm so glad we have our golden retriever to warn us of the scary patrolmen!

No comments:

Post a Comment