Today, we made our trip to ride the Pink Pig with Mimi, Amie and Ro! I am not fond of crowds and can only tolerate this holiday outing if we go extra early. For the second year in a row, I've talked this traveling crew in to meeting us at Lenox at 9:30 am! They are troopers.
Speaking of troopers, the Pink Pig below is the one I remember. It was quite scary. Those windows had wire on them, as if that wire was going to keep us alive if that Pig fell off its track to the street below! Many do not like the "current" Pink Pig, but for safety's sake, I think it is a winner!
Such a big girl eating with the adults! We even had a surprise visit from Cousin Brett, who happen to be in the area!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Home for a bit for nap time and out the door for our Christmas party with "friends"!
Crafts galore!
Sprinkle and Twinkle came to visit! These sweet "Elves" are high school students at DM's school.
Awesome entrepreneurial spirit!
We may have received the best Christmas gift EVER today! Mimi gave DM a nativity scene that she can play with. I don't know about you, but while our nativity scene growing up was beautiful, it was very breakable. Now, if Jesus is supposed to be with us every step of the way, what sense does it make to have SO many representations of Him be so delicate and breakable? (Especially for a youngin'?) None! DM loved played with her new nativity scene and taking care of Baby Jesus. Not sure why she prefers that Baby Jesus be between the wise men or why everyone needs to be in a line, but we're taking small steps around here!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Home for a bit for nap time and out the door for our Christmas party with "friends"!
Crafts galore!
Sprinkle and Twinkle came to visit! These sweet "Elves" are high school students at DM's school.
Awesome entrepreneurial spirit!
We may have received the best Christmas gift EVER today! Mimi gave DM a nativity scene that she can play with. I don't know about you, but while our nativity scene growing up was beautiful, it was very breakable. Now, if Jesus is supposed to be with us every step of the way, what sense does it make to have SO many representations of Him be so delicate and breakable? (Especially for a youngin'?) None! DM loved played with her new nativity scene and taking care of Baby Jesus. Not sure why she prefers that Baby Jesus be between the wise men or why everyone needs to be in a line, but we're taking small steps around here!
That was a fun trip to the Pink Pig !!! So glad she is enjoying the nativity scene. I thougt it was one of the prettiest I had ever seen.
ReplyDeleteYou really got mom to Lenox by 9:30?
ReplyDeleteYes! I am actually now the late one! :(
Delete