I have no doubt that many think I am a bit crazy to spend the time we do in working with DM in the pool, and that is okay! I strongly believe that water is one of the most beautiful Gifts we have. However, I also believe it is due a great amount of respect. While water is essential to our lives, without due respect, it can suck the life right out of a person in a few short seconds. My brother and I were fortunate enough that Mom kept us in water all the time. We learned to swim and swim well very young. Without the self-confidence in water that is developed through hours and hours of learning and exposure, I never would have learned to see water as a Gift.
And hence, it is the Gift of water that I hope we are giving DM as we shuttle her back and forth to swim lessons at such a young age. I hope she develops the confidence needed to have the opportunity to cherish diving deep in a pool, swimming hot summer day after hot summer day, floating with the current of the ocean while snorkeling and watching beautiful ocean life and foremost, dicerning when the ocean or river current is too much for her skill.
On to our big news! David nor I get in the pool any more w/ DM at swimming lessons! She has graduated to a class that doesn't require parents in the pool! Woohoo!
And hence, it is the Gift of water that I hope we are giving DM as we shuttle her back and forth to swim lessons at such a young age. I hope she develops the confidence needed to have the opportunity to cherish diving deep in a pool, swimming hot summer day after hot summer day, floating with the current of the ocean while snorkeling and watching beautiful ocean life and foremost, dicerning when the ocean or river current is too much for her skill.
On to our big news! David nor I get in the pool any more w/ DM at swimming lessons! She has graduated to a class that doesn't require parents in the pool! Woohoo!
What a gorgeous, happy little "fish" she is !!
ReplyDelete