During my time at AAGM while we were in Memphis, I worked with a woman who amazed me. I don't think I ever mentioned to anyone how much she amazed me. Lisa had her shared of challenges. Challenges that I would have given up on years ago. But she didn't. She came to work everyday to help provide for her three children. And she worked so, so hard. She never said no at work or in her church. While I would go out to a frivolous lunch with friends, Lisa would sit down at our conference table and eat her lunch as she read her Bible. She was either preparing a lesson to teach the children the following Sunday or preparing for her own Bible study group. She was so faithful to her God and His people. It was amazing.
When I was pregnant with Darsey May, we went out to lunch, and I saw the most precious elephant in a gift shop. I really wanted it. Lisa went back and got it for me! Lisa had given me a gift I knew she'd sacrificed to give me. She was just that kind of person.
Last fall Lisa began a battle with cancer and has been doing amazing, but in a quick turn of events, she lost her earthly life this past weekend in a battle with pneumonia. While I ache for her family, I am so thrilled for her. All of her worldly concerns are gone. She is Home! For nearly five years, we worked side-by-side, and I
probably wasn't the best co-worker. But at least I was watching and learning. Happy Easter, Lisa!
Wow... So sad and wonderful all at the same time! Lisa seemed like an amazing person and I am thankful God provides those people in our lives to learn from and as an example.
ReplyDeleteWhat a tribute you wrote. I have thought of her this week and have been so concerned for her children and husband.
ReplyDeleteHer legacy lives on in all you learned from her and your love for her and her family. My prayers go to all.
ReplyDeleteLovely post!
ReplyDeleteSuch a poignant post, Maggie. I'm so sorry to hear about Lisa, and I'll keep her family in my prayers.
ReplyDelete