Thursday, June 17, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

This guy has been one amazing father thus far in DM's short little life. Why?

1. Most know I lack patience. Lucky for me, David is a bit more patient. He got up during the night countless times during the early days with DM when I just couldn't anymore. I can't imagine how exhausted he was at work during those days.

2. The stress of the move (oh, yeah, and a baby) brought me to screaming tears many, many times. This guy listened patiently and quietly reminded me that God would never give us more than we could handle.

3. He puts his sweet little angel to bed every night that he is home.

4. Anytime he isn't at work, he's always willing to watch DM while I run. Frankly, that is probably a self-defense mechanism because I'm much easier to be around if I exercise.

5. His glass isn't always half full, it is completely full.

4 comments:

  1. Maggie - very sweet comments about David. We can all count our blessings for the wonderful men we married. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 1st Fathers Day David! So sweet Maggie, made me cry;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maggie, I am so proud of the mature young woman you are. It is wonderful that you recognize the outstanding qualities that your husband pocesses. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had been the one to choose a husband and father for my daughter and grandaughter, I could not have found anyone better than David. Maggie and David, I know the last few months have been the most stressful you have ever encountered. I am so pround of you two !!! love you all

    ReplyDelete